Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Exams

Well, blogging after a long time now. Since my exams are going on I was reading stuff.

Well nothing much to do. I find exams one of the most boring time of the year. For one month or so, I am cooped up in my home, no interaction with people, surrounded by books, trying to mug things up(at which I am very bad....)

Well, this PL's(Preparatory Leave) are like a vacation for me. No boring college. I can do what I want. No sleeping early in order to attend practicals in the morning. I sleep almost all day morning, evening and night. Exercise the brain a bit and try to understand things.

I have stopped expecting good marks in my exams. There is no point in raising expectations. I have given four exams, and I absolutely believe that they just don't look at the papers. The subjects in which I have the minimum knowledge I get maximum marks. This started from my
Civil paper. I asked a friend from TE Computer, how was his TOS paper. HE replied that it was ok, but not scoring , he would not get 70-80 marks, only around 60. I laughed out aloud. 70-80 marks? Not a chance in IT. Not unless you had insider information or you have a very good memory. And believe me, people do have insider information.

But what are exams for? They are to show one has not learned anything rather than to show that one has learned something. Things that seem impossible before get cleared by just one reading in the exams.

I want to do a tons of things. One of the thing that puzzles me is that during exam times, I feel like doing a million things, but during college time, somehow the brain just freezes...

P.S. Thanks to Dinesh for asking me to blog again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home